Streams...

Ask any question and speak whatever is on your mind about the Noob Game Developer!
Morningstar

Streams...

Post by Morningstar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:39 pm

As of the moment, Demian's Streams are being put on both Youtube and Twitch at the same time, but a unified and better-managed system calls for some changes. Switching focus entirely to just one of these websites would yield the most benefit. Twitch as a whole is better built for supporting live streams compared to Youtube, because while Youtube is built on channel identification, Twitch has a working atmosphere of strays searching out content. It's got support for Game Development Sessions and the community expects the content. Compared to that Youtube requires you to know what Channel you're looking for, and advertising that would be harder. I propose that live streams be conducted entirely on Twitch with a single audience, after which the video be entirely uploaded to Youtube post completion. This is the system I've seen most Twitch Content Creators use.

Past that, I'd like to bring the attention the fact that it's possible to upload custom emotes to Twitch via the "Better Twitch TV (BTTV)" Chrome Extension, so transporting all discord emotes can be easily done. If that does become something we get done, I'd like to suggest everyone download this extension. Even without the need for emotes, BTTV has a lot of neat features and is generally accepted by the Twitch Community as must use.

What Twitch looks like with the Extension: http://i.imgur.com/SsE2q5K.png
Download Link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gped?hl=en

Past that if anyone wanna talks about Twitch Streams as a whole, this thread seems to be perfect for that.

Inhumanity

Re: Streams...

Post by Inhumanity » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 pm

I wholeheartedly agree

Demiansky

Post by Demiansky » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Yeah, I agree too, its mainly been an issue of most of my subscribers already being on Youtube. Also, I'm not yet a partner on Twitch which means I can't monetize or get subscribers yet. That being said, I do feel like I need a more concerted strategy on Twitch, its just a matter of balancing time obligations and figuring out where best to focus. I'm still looking for tips from anyone who is more familiar with Twitch than I am :-)

Inhumanity

Post by Inhumanity » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:20 pm

What some of the streamers do is the following.
They put up a video on Youtube, just stating that the stream is live on Twitch, this way, if people want to see the stream, they only need to press 1 additional button, and you would'nt lose the youtube fans.
For an example look at iijerichoii
That may be an option?

Demiansky

Post by Demiansky » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:34 pm

I suppose another would be to stream on both for awhile but tell people on youtube that I'm only answering questions on Twitch. This would encourage people to head over to Twitch.